- To foster the already established teaching, research and service of psychology, applied sociology and social work in the healthcare and medical field.
- To prepare students to become professionals in their fields, and able to be culturally literate and respectful of cultural differences and all groups of people.
- To build up collaboration with internal and external colleges, working together for quality teaching and substantial research on medical humanities, medical education, medical laws and medical anthropology.
The College is different from the College of Humanities and Social Sciences in other comprehensive universities in the sense of the human-healthcare-oriented research and the teaching-based development. It promotes the humanities and social science education, and puts an emphasis on the research on medical humanities, medical ethics, medical anthropology, health society and medical psychology. KMU graduates are prepared for more knowledge and experiences related to health and medical treatments than students from other universities. Our postgraduate programs emphasize the human and social issues about health and medical treatments.
- To educate students who will participate in the healthcare and medical industry, being familiar with theory and practice, and knowing interdisciplinary vision in Psychology, Applied Sociology and Social Work, and Gender Studies.
- To strengthen academic units in research and teaching in terms of healthcare and psychology and gender studies.
- To secure an educational environment for students and to foster intellectual engagements in the professional fields.
- To provide opportunities for students to understand their responsibilities in the global changing world.
- To be the planer, advocator, and executant who cultivate the spirit of the humanities and the knowledge of society for KMU students.
Research/ Research Assistants
Social Work/ Non-governmental Organization Workers
Social Reform/ Social Activists